Policy and public affairs strategist.
Join our growing team
Are you an experienced policy and public affairs practitioner looking to take the next step in your career? Would you relish playing a key role in growing the public affairs division within an award-winning agency? If so, this exciting position could be ideal for you.
This role can be based in our Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen offices. We are currently hybrid working (3 days/week in the office, 2 days/week at home).
It will include:
- Providing counsel to a range of public and private sector clients
- Developing effective plans to strengthen client engagement with political, community and sector stakeholders
- Providing policy analysis to clients and identifying opportunities to engage with and shape policy development
- Keeping clients and colleagues abreast of political developments
- Contributing insight and ideas to integrated communications campaigns
- Targeting new and organic growth for our public affairs division
We are looking for someone with:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of functions and policymaking at Holyrood and Westminster
- A strong network of contacts
- Experience and understanding of stakeholder and community engagement campaigns
- A strategic mindset and excellent plan writing skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- An eye for quality and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills who enjoys working with and developing teams
- Eight years plus experience working in public affairs/policy – some agency experience preferred
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to make an impact and develop your career as part of a friendly, ambitious, hardworking team
- A CPD plan with training and development opportunities
- CIPR/ASPA membership paid
- New business bonuses
- Pension and private healthcare including optical and dental
- 35 days holiday a year including your birthday off
- A packed calendar of social events
Get in touch
If this looks like the role for you send your CV and covering note to Katrine Pearson at email@example.com
Think you’ve found what you’ve been looking for?
Let’s chat. Give us a call on 0141 221 0707 or send us a message.